COMMUNITY STORY WORKSHOPS: OTTER TAIL COUNTY
Time & Location
About the Event
What is your story? What is the story of your favorite place? Are there community stories you’d like to share or bring to life? Do you have project ideas around gathering community stories?
Then join us at one of three workshops, all free and open to the public!
- Henning Landmark Center: 10 am -12:30 pm, Thursday, Jan. 30
- New York Mills Cultural Center: 2 pm – 4:30 pm, Thursday, Jan. 30
- Pelican Rapids Public Library: 10 am – 12:30 pm, Friday, Jan. 31
These three workshops are a part of the Otter Tail County Story Mapping Project, a 10 month pilot project by Rethos in partnership with the Otter Tail County Historical Society and Springboard for the Arts. The purpose of this project is to collect and map the stories of Otter Tail County by engaging community members through small projects led by local community members, like you! During the Community Story Workshops, you’ll learn:
- What is a story map?
- Methods of gathering stories from your community
- About project ideas from one-on-one conversations to more creative and public projects
- How to apply for funds, ranging from $500 to $2,500, to implement your community story project
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is interested in leading a community project to gather stories!
- Teachers and students
- Historical society members and volunteers
- Business and property owners
- Economic development professionals
- Chambers of Commerce staff and volunteers
- City officials
- Community residents
If you can’t make it to one of the three workshops, we are offering an online webinar on Monday, Feb. 3, 2020 at 4 - 5:30 pm.
For questions about registration, please contact Emily Kurash Casey at email@example.com or call 507-205-2335.
Questions about this project? Please contact Sarina Otaibi, Rural Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320-262-9514.
- Tue, Oct 26Zoom Webinar
- Sat, Nov 20Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum
- Sat, Dec 04Stearns History Museum
- Wed, Feb 02VIBE Realty