Wed, May 04|
Deconstruction Masterclass: The Essentials
Time & Location
May 04, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Perhaps you've heard the term "deconstruction" floating around the reuse and preservation world. Or maybe you're familiar with the process and want to learn more alongside others interested in reuse. Deconstruction is the careful dismantling of a structure in order to preserve and reuse building materials. But what does that really mean in a practical sense? Why does it matter? And how can it benefit me? Get all of these questions and more answered at this panel discussion with experts in the field of deconstruction and materials salvage! You'll learn about:
- What deconstruction is, who does it, and how it's done
- The benefits and possibilities of deconstruction
- Local, state, and national deconstruction efforts
- The challenges and realities of deconstruction
- How you can help!
Speakers include Melissa Wenzel, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency; Joe Baumann, Kraus Anderson; and experts from Better Futures Minnesota.
This panel is the first in a series of three events about the economic, environmental, and cultural value of deconstruction. Sign up for all three webinars to complete this Deconstruction Masterclass! The series is funded by the National Trust Preservation Fund. Each webinar will feature a panel of experts sharing the latest updates in a growing industry. Plenty of discussion and Q&A to follow. The series is open to all. Building owners, contractors, city staff, heritage preservation commissioners, tradespeople, and policy makers are especially encouraged to attend.
Questions about registration prices, COVID-19 protocol, or refunds/cancellations? Read our Need-To-Know page!
This class is funded by the National Trust Preservation Fund. Grants from the National Trust Preservation Funds encourage preservation at the local level by providing seed money for preservation projects.
This class is brought to you by Rethos: Places Reimagined. Rethos Education is financed in part by the State of Minnesota from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the Minnesota Historical Society.
Image source: The Washington Post
- Sat, Dec 02Robinson-Stanton HouseDec 02, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMRobinson-Stanton House, 202 2nd Ave S, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379, USA
- Wed, Dec 06WebinarDec 06, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMWebinar
- Thu, Dec 07Hayes Window RestorationDec 07, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CSTHayes Window Restoration, 4439 Hiawatha Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55406, USA
- Tue, Jan 23WebinarJan 23, 2024, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMWebinar