Sat, Oct 12|
4137 Bryant Ave S
REHAB LAB: ROT REPAIR AND REGLAZING
Got rot? You've come to the right place.
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2019, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
4137 Bryant Ave S, 4137 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55409, USA
About the Event
In this Rehab Lab, you will learn how to assess rot; use epoxy, consolidants and wood filler; and consider options for wood replacement. We will also discuss topics like water management and common places of rot.
Lots of rot happens in window sashes & trim, so it's important to protect your wood windows. Reglazing is a simple repair you can do on your own to reduce energy loss and maintain your windows for years to come. We'll practice proper reglazing techniques in this workshop. We will also discuss safe lead paint practices.
**Feel free to bring your own window sash to work on!**
- Understand buildings as systems and why rot happens
- Learn what tools and materials you'll need to repair or replace rotted wood
- Learn how to prevent rot
- Practice stripping painted windows and reglazing using lead safe practices
This class is co-sponsored by Nicollet Ace Hardware. Nicollet Ace has donated tools & supplies for the class, and they will provide each attendee with a take-home window repair kit!
Your instructors are Greg Rosenow, an old home restoration expert and longtime Rethos teacher, and Laura Leppink, a Northern Bedrock Historic Preservation Corps alumna and board member. Laura is also a graduate student at the University of Minnesota's Heritage Studies & Public History program.
Ticket transfer policy: If you are unable to attend a class but would like to transfer your registration, just email email@example.com with your name and contact info (email address and phone number), as well as the contact info of the person that will be taking your spot in class. We’ll update our attendance list accordingly.
Refund policy: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a refund on your purchased ticket. Rethos will arrange to refund the cost of the class. Refunds are provided up to seven days prior to the class.
Cancellation policy: A class may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Decision to cancel a class will be announced to registrants at least 24 hours before the class' scheduled time. Refunds will be provided to all registrants.
- Thu, Oct 19Microsoft Teams MeetingOct 19, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDTMicrosoft Teams Meeting
- Wed, Oct 25Minneapolis Central Library, Room S-275Oct 25, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM CDTMinneapolis Central Library, Room S-275, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Sat, Oct 28Peter Fandel HouseOct 28, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMPeter Fandel House, 416 9th Ave S, St Cloud, MN 56301, USA
- Time is TBDWebinarTime is TBDWebinar