Tue, Oct 18|
Seasonal Home Maintenance Tips
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM CDT
About the Event
Minnesota homes weather the ups and downs of all four seasons. Homeowners can prevent major issues by taking small steps every time the seasons change.
Instructor Manny Manzano will discuss topics like furnace tune-ups, roof maintenance, fireplace care, and leak prevention. Basements to chimneys, interiors and exteriors – this class covers the whole house! You will leave with a checklist for seasonal maintenance tasks. Topics include:
- Water: hoses, draining the pipes, lawn irrigation systems, back flow preventers
- Air: Cleaning outside air intakes and exhaust vents; dryer duct
- Exterior: caulking and weatherstripping; insulation
- Furnace/boiler: tune-ups, filters, thermostat batteries; humidifier filters
- Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms: batteries; location; replacement of old units
- Roof: checking offit and roof vents; cleaning gutters; downspouts and underground drains
- Fireplaces: flue cleaning/inspection; insert cleaning; damper operation
- And more!
Questions about registration prices, COVID-19 protocol, or refunds/cancellations? Read our Need-To-Know page!
This class is brought to you by Rethos: Places Reimagined and Minneapolis Community Education. Rethos is proud to offer a variety of classes to homeowners, students, realtors, and anyone who loves old buildings. The Rethos Education program is funded in part by the Arts & Cultural Legacy Fund through the Minnesota Historical Society.
- Wed, Dec 06WebinarDec 06, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMWebinar
- Thu, Dec 07Hayes Window RestorationDec 07, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CSTHayes Window Restoration, 4439 Hiawatha Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55406, USA
- Tue, Jan 23WebinarJan 23, 2024, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMWebinar